You never want to be sick on a holiday, but when you find yourself battling a fever on Easter Sunday you need to find a way to get relief. And when that fever appears during a time when the respiratory flu is making the rounds again, you want to get a diagnosis so that you can get the needed treatment today, not waiting until Monday morning. Fortunately, many urgent care offices are open on weekends, even holidays, and allow patients to get the care that they need so that they can get back to work as soon as possible. In fact, urgent care centers centers not only provide convenient weekend hours, they also offer affordable treatment options that are far less expensive than a hospital emergency room. Knowing that you can get the care that you need in an urgent care setting means that you will be able to see a qualified physician without having to wait for a week day appointment with a family physician.
- Many parents panic when their child wakes in the middle of the night with a cough and make the mistake of rushing into a hospital emergency room. And while some conditions really do require a trip to the emergency room, these trips are a very expensive way to deal with minor illnesses and injuries.
- Emergency room visits are not only expensive, they also take a lot of time. When patients in an ER are triaged, your minor illness or injury will be pushed aside as more serious patients, who really need to be there, are treated.
- Deciding where to go when you are not feeling well can be a challenge. More and more families, however, realize that going to the closest urgent care walk in clinic is a good decision.
- Illnesses that are keeping you up at night, but are not serious enough for a trip to the emergency room are often best treated at a walk in clinic where you do not need an appointment and will be seen quickly, often within 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cold and flu season can be a scary time. For this reason, many families make sure that they go into a health clinic and get flu shots as a preventative mesure.
- Affordablility is another reason that more and more families are selecting walk in health clinics for their needs. As many as 80% of urgent care centers provide fracture care, for instance, so this is a more affordable option than a hospital emergency room.
- Looking for a dedicated health professional is yet another reason that a walk in clinic is a great option.
- Conditions that keep you up at night can be frustrating. Instead of waiting until a morning appointment with a family physician or pediatrician, it often makes more sense to go to an after hours clinic.
- A decision to take care of a medical concern on a Saturday or Sunday morning at a walk in clinic can start you on the road to recovery, instead of suffering through the weekend and waiting for a Monday morning appointment.
- Running a fever in the middle of the night can be a concerning symptom, but you can alleviate your concerns by making a trip into a walk in health clinic.
- Every clinic can differ, but many walk in clinics are open late into the evening and on weekends. Some are even open 24 hours, seven days a week.
You have many choices when it comes time to get the MEDICAL CARE that you need. Being a wise health consumer, however, means that you often need to decide where you go to see a doctor, especially if it is a holiday weekend. In many cases, the most affordable, convenient, and reliable care that you can find is at a local urgent care clinic.
The latest research indicates that there are currently 20,000 physicians who practice Urgent Care Medicine today. The fact that as 85% of these well staffed clinics are open seven days a week means that you can almost also get in. Without the need for an appointment, these walk in settings allow patients to get the care that they need any day of the week, even if it is Easter Sunday.