Addiction is a big problem for people around the planet. More than 130 million Americans consume alcohol regularly. Approximately 30 million are addicted to drugs. Studies have shown that ibogaine can help people deal with cravings from drugs after 72 or 96 hours. While this form of treatment is not available in the United States, people can be treated at an ibogaine clinic in Mexico.
If you are considering going to an ibogaine clinic, you should prepare yourself for the experience by doing the following:
- Drink lots of water. Ibogaine therapy can be very dehydrating. You should make a point of drinking a lot of water and other fluid (non-alcoholic beverages) before you enter the ibogaine clinic. Being dehydrated will just make the process more difficult for your body so preventing it is in your best interests.
- Get your vitamins. The time to start a diet is not when you enter a ibogaine detox program. You will need your energy level to be up so do not fast before or during your ibogaine drug treatment. Make sure you eat heathy foods and get all of the vitamins you need. This will help your body heal from any damage the drugs you have taken may have done. It will also help you through the process and ensure your experience is as good as it can be.
- Make whatever preparations before you go so you can focus on your treatment. You will need to be able to really focus on your treatment during your time at the ibogaine clinic. If you are distracted by other personal or business affairs, it will be more difficult to clear your mind and get into the best possible mental state for your treatment. The ibogaine treatment program requires you to be able to quiet your mind and bring stillness to your life. Take care of pressing matters before you get to the treatment facility.
- Trust the process. You should try to stay positive during your treatment but it is normal to experience negative thoughts, feelings and sensations. The negative feelings and sensations will pass. Do not shut them out as they are a part of your treatment but do not let them discourage you or allow them to derail your progress. Remind yourself that these negative feelings are a part of the process, just as the positive feelings are, and will pass.
- Bring comfortable clothing. Loose fitting clothing is recommended for people getting treatment at a ibogaine clinic. Bring items that will allow you to dress in layers so that you can add or remove clothing depending on whether you are cold or hot.
The disease of addiction is a difficult one to overcome but recovery is possible. Many people turn to ibogaine treatments so avoid the painful time right after they stop using drugs. For a number of people, getting through the withdrawal phase of drug treatment is some of the most daunting. Ibogaine treatment has been shown to help a lot of people who want to stop using drugs but recognize they need help through that painful part of the process.