There are a lot of cosmetic procedures that you can get to improve your appearance. They don’t all have to be plastic surgery, either! There are simple outpatient procedures that take no more than a few minutes, but can improve problems that may have been bothering you for quite some time.
If you have fine lines or wrinkles, botox can make your skin look younger. If you have or acne scars or other small imperfections, a chemical peel or microdermabrasion can make your skin look smoother and fresher. But one of the most common cosmetic procedures is laser hair removal. The best laser hair removal gets rid of unwanted hair without the annoyance of constant shaving.
During the hair removal procedure, a laser passes through the skin to an individual hair follicle. Pigment in the follicles absorbs the light, which damages the follicle and inhibits future hair growth.
Laser Hair Removal Facts and Stats
- Almost one million treatments performed in 2011
- 60% of people between the ages of 18 and 29 who would like hair removal treatment
- The average reduction in hair growth after each treatment is 10-25%
- 87% of patients say they would do it again
- Most commonly treated areas for women: upper lip, underarms, arms, bikini area, legs
- Most commonly treated areas for men: sideburns, chest, back, abdomen
- The average person will see permanent hair reduction in four to six treatments, but some respond well I two, while others take 12.
- You can’t get a laser treatment when you have a tan, because the only way to treat tanned skin without causing burns is to use the laser on such low settings that it would be ineffective.
- Since the pigment in the hair follicle absorbs the laser, treatments on red, blonde, and gray hair are less effective.
Why let small imperfections bother you, when you can take care of them once and for all? Laser hair removal can get rid of your unwanted hair permanently, so you can throw out all your razors and shaving cream, and be ready for bathing suit season at a moment’s notice. More.